Skip to main content

George Albert Smith Challenge- April

 "I would seek out the erring one and try to win him back to a righteous and happy life."

So this was April's challenge.  I was very intimidated by this challenge.  Who am I to call someone to repentance when I'm so busy not following all the commandments.  I'm far to busy committing adultery and killing my neighbors to call someone else to repentance.  Well, ok, obviously I'm not committing adultery or killing my neighbors, but I still felt like there was a lot of work to do on me before I could help others find the error of their ways, so that's what I did.  I re-prioritized some things in my own life.  I'll leave it at that, but I did take this challenge to heart.

May's challenge can  be found here.  Basically, it says the opposite of April's challenge.  This month I need to love people through any difficulties they might be having and not judge them.  This reminds  me of a quote from this past conference, "Do not judge me for sinning differently than you".  It also reminds me of a this quote which is floating around Pinterest these days, "Be kind.  For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".  I really like the last quote.  It not only reminds me that the world doesn't revolve around me (crazy thought, isn't it?), but that I need to be kind to everyone because I don't know what they might be fighting.

Comments

  1. I love this Raylene. So much truth and wisdom in 2 short paragraphs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Can I finally join the club??

I have issues with making anything with yeast.  It scares me.  I tried making rolls or bread in home-ec as a kid and it was a FLOP!  Since, I stay far away from baking goods with yeast, so of course, that includes homemade bread.  I LOVE homemade bread, but I've never made it.  I realize I'm not a real Mormon wife and mother because of this huge flaw, but I've managed to make it as a so-so wife and mom with this awful glitch in my character.  Then I came across an "easy" recipe for honey wheat bread (thanks for posting it on fb Liz Nuffer) and decided to conquer my fear of yeast. First things first, I had to buy yeast- there are 394 different kinds of yeast.  No one warned me how many different kinds there were!  My fear began to overcome me, but I gathered all my strength and picked the most interestingly plain kind I could find.  Hopefully it would do the trick! I followed the recipe, but it said to wait until the yeast "frothed". ...