Skip to main content

Easter 2012

This year we had our big family Easter dinner on Friday because Grandma had to work on Sunday. I tried out a new recipe for dessert which I found on Pinterest (of course). It's a super rich chocolate brownie cake. It turned out great, but was a little too rich for my taste. However, I really think that if you are a true die-hard chocolate lover then you will LOVE this recipe. I thought I was a true die-hard chocolate lover, but this cake beat me.

A good friend of mine makes Easter cupcakes with her kids every year. I saw them on her blog last year and I thought they were so cute! This year we made them at our house to hand out to our neighbors. Jackson helped with the baking and decorating. He has some mad grass and egg decorating skills! He also decorated the plates that we handed out the cupcakes on. Our neighbors were quite impressed with his work.

For some reason I still get these little momentary realizations that I'm a mother of two, and I get this rush of emotions. I had another dose of reality looking at TWO little Easter baskets sitting in our living room the night before Easter. Sometimes I feel overwhelmingly blessed with our two beautiful boys and this was one of those moments. Here are their little Easter baskets that the Easter Bunny filled for them.

Jackson loves the Easter egg hunt part of Easter, so here are eggs we filled for them to find on Easter. We filled them with change instead of candy because I just threw out a ton of Christmas candy and there's always WAY TOO MUCH candy after the holidays. Jim found the golden eggs that we filled with a dollar and the left over change. Every year the golden eggs will be the best and hardest eggs to find. I love traditions!

Because we had Easter dinner early this year I wanted to have a special breakfast on Easter instead. I scrambled sausage, eggs, and potatoes together (which is a family favorite), but I also made this DELICIOUS breakfast cake! I found this recipe on Pinterest just like the chocolate cake recipe. The recipe calls for fresh blueberries, but since Jim isn't a fan of blueberries (and I am) I did a mix of strawberries and blueberries and it turned out AMAZING!! Jim is not a fan of cakes, but he LOVED this yummy treat!

And just to prove that I am officially losing my mind- I found this bib that I bought THIS YEAR for Austin to wear on Easter. That's great and all, but this isn't Austin's first Easter. It's his second. I have lost it.

Notice anything missing...? How about the true meaning behind Easter. I completely spaced on Friday night to start our annual Easter FHE that runs through Sunday night. Then the kids became cranky as I ran out of time on Saturday night and they had to go to bed. So tonight for FHE we will be doing the Easter FHE. Better late than never. Good thing I did an Easter FHE about Christ's resurrection last Monday, so it wasn't a complete lost cause.

Comments

  1. Love the cupcakes, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun ways to celebrate! Tell Jim I still remember doing Easter egg hunts at Grandma's house, and the golden egg was always SO HARD to find, but it got you the huge chocolate bunny! Glad to see the tradition is carrying on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Melissa! They were delicious!

    Missi- He was so excited to find those golden eggs so we can carry on the tradition. And what a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If you decorate, it will come.

A friend of mine uses the motto, "if you decorate, it will come". So I decorated for fall because I want the fall weather to get here already. I'm a pregnant lady who doesn't like the heat when I'm not pregnant, so I'm especially not fond of it right now. It's supposed to be in the low 80's here, but instead it's in the high flippin' 90's! A friend of mine has a fabulous blog, http://smallsimplethingswithlove.blogspot.com, and it is my FAVORITE blog, so check it out. Nicole, is talented and creative and on a budget!! (my 3 favorite things) Anyway, she had some really cute ideas on her blog that I stole and it got me in the mood for decorating! This picture is of our entry way, by our front door. My favorite part is the autumn picture which I made with my handy-dandy Cricut machine. My husband even helped, hehe. I've had the frame for at least 10 years and I just took out the old ugly picture of the flower that was in it and crea

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the