Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess!

March 2nd is Dr. Suess' birthday and I wanted to celebrate the day with the boys. We began the day by reading Green Eggs and Ham and then I made green eggs and ham for breakfast. As I've said before, Jackson is a picky eater, but he ate all of his green eggs! With every bite he told me, "I'm just like Sam I am, momma!", it was adorable. And ever since he has been trying new food, telling me how he is just like Sam I am.

I wanted to read the boys The Cat in the Hat because I had a cute The Cat in the Hat project for Jackson. Apparently, we do not own a copy of The Cat in the Hat and I did not know it. I have several copies of many Dr. Suess books, but not that one. The boys do have a stuffed Cat in the Hat, so I used that has our inspiration. Jackson made 2 Cat in the Hat hats, one for himself and one for Austin. I wanted a picture of the boys in their hats, but Austin did not appreciate his brother making him a hat and he cried A LOT in every picture. It made me laugh a little... (the picture is blurry because I was laughing).

The last Suess activity for the day was reading One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and making our own fishbowls. Thinking about it now, I probably should have made red and blue fish for our fishbowl, maybe next time. This is one of Austin's first art projects. I love that he's beginning to participate in our activities. (Sorry, I couldn't get the picture to flip the right way)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you decorate, it will come.

A friend of mine uses the motto, "if you decorate, it will come". So I decorated for fall because I want the fall weather to get here already. I'm a pregnant lady who doesn't like the heat when I'm not pregnant, so I'm especially not fond of it right now. It's supposed to be in the low 80's here, but instead it's in the high flippin' 90's! A friend of mine has a fabulous blog, http://smallsimplethingswithlove.blogspot.com, and it is my FAVORITE blog, so check it out. Nicole, is talented and creative and on a budget!! (my 3 favorite things) Anyway, she had some really cute ideas on her blog that I stole and it got me in the mood for decorating! This picture is of our entry way, by our front door. My favorite part is the autumn picture which I made with my handy-dandy Cricut machine. My husband even helped, hehe. I've had the frame for at least 10 years and I just took out the old ugly picture of the flower that was in it and crea

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression

My boys on missions?

It's no secret that I'm a convert to the LDS church.  I'd been a member for so long when I got married it seemed like old hat, but then I had children.  We are blessed with the 2 most beautiful, most intelligent, most funny boys in the world so naturally you'd think this LDS mommy would ecstatically prepare her boys to serve missions one day as all good, decent LDS moms do.  Yeah.  Well, that wasn't the case for me.  Even though my oldest is only 4 and my baby is not quite 2 *but almost* I think about their futures, plan for their futures, and encourage them to look ahead, so I've thought about this for quite a while.  And when I say I've "thought" about this for quite awhile, that's really "Raylene-speak" for I've WORRIED about this for quite awhile.  I can't imagine letting my two precious baby boys into a world where they'll be ridiculed or mocked even if it is to bring the gospel to people who need to hear it.  In my m