Skip to main content

Easter 2015

Easter was really nice this year.  The boys visited the Easter bunny, colored and hunted eggs, we ate a lot of food, and had some fun with family.  I couldn't ask for more!

First, the boys visited the Easter bunny at Jim's work.  His new company is very family oriented and they welcome family in for fun activities like the Easter bunny!
The boys played a little Hokey Pokey



They had a Bunny Trail that you had to hop through.  It was super cute.


They had snacks and treats for all the littles.
Daddy shared a cookie with Harrison.  It was his first cookie- that's pretty big!


And then it was time for the bunny!
Sometimes the costumes are a bit shady (this includes Santa, too), so I always explain to the boys that we're just visiting one of the Easter Bunny's (or Santa's) helpers and not the real bunny/guy, and thank goodness I did because Jackson saw the bunny adjust his bunny head.  He saw a guy in the suit.  He told me in the car, "I'm very sure that was just the Easter bunny's helper because I saw it was just a guy in a suit, mom." Phew, crisis averted.
I'm kind of wondering if Jackson is ready to know the bunny isn't real.  Maybe next year...
Anyway, I'm a bit surprised to announce that NO ONE cried!
Austin didn't want to sit on his lap, but no one cried.  Win!


Then it was time to color eggs.  Woot woot!
Usually I just use good coloring, but Austin found a Star Wars Rebels egg coloring kit, and Star Wars Rebels is the boys' favorite show, so we Star Wars Rebeled up some eggs!



We dyed eggs a little late this year, but we got the boys to bed just in time for the bunny arrive.


Austin was so cute when he saw his basket the next morning!


There was lots of excitement!




I think Harrison likes this whole Easter bunny/basket thing-



We had a big family dinner and my little brother came into town.  The boys love when Uncle Brian comes to visit!


But this visit was a really good one because he brought his girlfriend, Whitney, with him.  Whitney is super sweet and we all loved that she joined us this year, but Whitney's visit was most special to Jackson and Harrison.  Jackson told me, "Mama, I'm going to take Uncle Brian's girlfriend so she'll be MY girlfriend!"  You better watch it, Brian, he's on the prowl...
And Harrison was pretty enamored with Whitney as well.  He almost wanted Whitney as much as he wanted me that day.


After dinner we played the boys' new favorite game, Frozen Uno.
And then it was time for The Hunt!





Harrison even had a few eggs to find.
He squeeled and laughed the whole time!



Happy Easter from the Nuffers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression

If you decorate, it will come.

A friend of mine uses the motto, "if you decorate, it will come". So I decorated for fall because I want the fall weather to get here already. I'm a pregnant lady who doesn't like the heat when I'm not pregnant, so I'm especially not fond of it right now. It's supposed to be in the low 80's here, but instead it's in the high flippin' 90's! A friend of mine has a fabulous blog, http://smallsimplethingswithlove.blogspot.com, and it is my FAVORITE blog, so check it out. Nicole, is talented and creative and on a budget!! (my 3 favorite things) Anyway, she had some really cute ideas on her blog that I stole and it got me in the mood for decorating! This picture is of our entry way, by our front door. My favorite part is the autumn picture which I made with my handy-dandy Cricut machine. My husband even helped, hehe. I've had the frame for at least 10 years and I just took out the old ugly picture of the flower that was in it and crea

Jackson turns 3!! Blue's Clues Extravaganza!

My oldest baby boy turned 3 this week. I know parents say this all the time, but I can't believe how fast the time goes. Next year he'll be getting ready for pre-school, then kindergarten, and I'm still wrapping my head around him being in a big boy bed. Time flies when you don't want it too. I planned on a Sesame Street party this year because he loved Sesame Street, but that was before he was introduced to Blue's Clues. Now it's Blue's Clues this and Blue's Clues that. So I switched the theme 2 weeks before his birthday, but Jim and I pulled it off. We made all the decorations ourselves and most of the party favors as well. So this birthday was exactly what Jackson wanted and it was a very frugal party too. Win, win! Austin ate some breakfast before the festivities began. Unfortunately, he fell asleep just as the party started. Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson! We made all the Blue's Clues decorations by hand with craft paper, marker