Skip to main content

Christmas 2012 wrap up

"Wrap up".  I crack myself up with all my "witty" puns.  I realize I'm the only one amused and I accept this.

Well, since tomorrow is New Years Eve I figured I better get all the Christmas festivities updated on the blog, especially since we packed up Christmas at our house on Christmas night after the boys went to be bed.  That's right, our Christmas tree and decor was put away on Christmas night.  That might make me a bit of a Grinch, but I like to wake up on the 26th with a normal house so that I can clean clean clean.

I'll try to make this short and sweet with lots of pictures-  I got the idea from Pinterest to do a small Polar Express type experience with the boys at home.  We read the book, then I made special golden tickets and hid them in their beds.


We put them to be early so that we could take them to Santa Land (which Jackson still thinks is the North Pole) to see Santa.  I honestly didn't think this little idea would be a big deal to the boys because they don't really care for The Polar Express book yet, but Jackson freaked out when he realized he had a golden ticket.  He didn't even know what it was for and he was jumping up and down with joy, literally.

  I also made them bags with candy and treats inside for them to eat on the way to Santa Land.


We arrived at Santa Land, aka the North Pole, and Jackson was so excited to see Santa!  I even told him we have a LONG wait to see him and he was excited the whole time


First, we got in line and we stayed there for 2 hours!  Oh. my. word. it was a long wait, but the boys did really well.  Austin fussed a little the last half hour and Jackson got a little crazy at the end too, but all in all they were excellent.  To pass some time Daddy took them to see all the cool sights and lights while I kept our place in line.


Here we are just waiting...


Austin pretending to sleep...


Austin really falling asleep...


And then finally, just after 10pm (2 hours after bedtime) we were finally next in line to see Santa.  Jackson spontaneiously did a happy dance when he realized he was just about to see the Big Man which made the whole 2 hour wait worth every minute.  Austin hated Santa and Jackson was so excited, but more so tired, so he couldn't even muster a smile, but I promise that was one excited little boy.


Jackson told Santa he wanted a Leappad for Christmas and Santa delivered!  He came to see us a few nights later and filled the boys' stockings.


Austin was fascinated (and still is) by a little candy light saber that Santa brought him.


And Jackson kept asking to play with his stamp set all. day. long.  And to be honest we still haven't even opened that stamp set.  I have to do that tomorrow.  Mostly, I just loved this face that he made-


And my favorite part of Christmas morning, the snow!!  We woke up to snow then it snowed even more as the morning progressed.  LOVED IT!!  Every last snowflake!


Merry Christmas everyone!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you decorate, it will come.

A friend of mine uses the motto, "if you decorate, it will come". So I decorated for fall because I want the fall weather to get here already. I'm a pregnant lady who doesn't like the heat when I'm not pregnant, so I'm especially not fond of it right now. It's supposed to be in the low 80's here, but instead it's in the high flippin' 90's! A friend of mine has a fabulous blog, http://smallsimplethingswithlove.blogspot.com, and it is my FAVORITE blog, so check it out. Nicole, is talented and creative and on a budget!! (my 3 favorite things) Anyway, she had some really cute ideas on her blog that I stole and it got me in the mood for decorating! This picture is of our entry way, by our front door. My favorite part is the autumn picture which I made with my handy-dandy Cricut machine. My husband even helped, hehe. I've had the frame for at least 10 years and I just took out the old ugly picture of the flower that was in it and crea

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression

Jackson turns 3!! Blue's Clues Extravaganza!

My oldest baby boy turned 3 this week. I know parents say this all the time, but I can't believe how fast the time goes. Next year he'll be getting ready for pre-school, then kindergarten, and I'm still wrapping my head around him being in a big boy bed. Time flies when you don't want it too. I planned on a Sesame Street party this year because he loved Sesame Street, but that was before he was introduced to Blue's Clues. Now it's Blue's Clues this and Blue's Clues that. So I switched the theme 2 weeks before his birthday, but Jim and I pulled it off. We made all the decorations ourselves and most of the party favors as well. So this birthday was exactly what Jackson wanted and it was a very frugal party too. Win, win! Austin ate some breakfast before the festivities began. Unfortunately, he fell asleep just as the party started. Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson! We made all the Blue's Clues decorations by hand with craft paper, marker