Skip to main content

4th time is the charm???

Ok, I've tried this blogging thing 3 other times before, so I'm hoping the 4th time is the charm. I think my problem with blogging is A. I have NO idea what I'm doing!!! And B. I have no purpose to blog because I'm a Facebook addict and I update it all the time. Well, I can only cure my lack of blogging knowledge by actually blogging consistantly; and I will fix my lack of purpose by giving this blog a purpose. So besides posting little pieces of my family on a weekly basis, I'm going to post my weekly FHE's with my toddler because it's really difficult to have FHE with a loud, attention-span-less, almost 2 year old. Hopefully this will give some of you ideas and PLEASE, PLEASE share your ideas with me.

*For my non-LDS friends FHE stands for Family Home Evening. It's something we do every Monday night. It has a spiritual theme/message and some sort of activity. It builds family togetherness and spiritual strength.

Comments

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing your FHE ideas, I need them. Have you tried scriptures4kids. That helps me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Can I finally join the club??

I have issues with making anything with yeast.  It scares me.  I tried making rolls or bread in home-ec as a kid and it was a FLOP!  Since, I stay far away from baking goods with yeast, so of course, that includes homemade bread.  I LOVE homemade bread, but I've never made it.  I realize I'm not a real Mormon wife and mother because of this huge flaw, but I've managed to make it as a so-so wife and mom with this awful glitch in my character.  Then I came across an "easy" recipe for honey wheat bread (thanks for posting it on fb Liz Nuffer) and decided to conquer my fear of yeast. First things first, I had to buy yeast- there are 394 different kinds of yeast.  No one warned me how many different kinds there were!  My fear began to overcome me, but I gathered all my strength and picked the most interestingly plain kind I could find.  Hopefully it would do the trick! I followed the recipe, but it said to wait until the yeast "frothed". ...