Skip to main content

Harrison: I can't believe he's 6 months already!!


It's true.  Somehow my sweetest littlest bug is already 6 months!  I can't believe it!  Each child's life seems to be twice as fast as the child before him.  This precious face is halfway to a year!
**If you look super close you can see his 2 little teeth.  ;)

I never got around to a 5 month post or "official 6 month pictures", but he's doing all sorts of fun stuff now, so I have to write about him!

Awhile back, when he was still really little, I wrote about the older boys only getting out of bed in the morning when they know they can go see Harrison.  The morning's he gets to sleep in is rough.  I have to practically drag them out of bed and Jackson sometimes cries because he knows he probably won't see Harrison until after school.  Well these pictures were taken last week.  This is what happens every morning-


Is there a baby under there??
He looks frightened.


He's much happier here!

They LOVE their little brother.
Austin loves his brother so much he often asks me to take pictures of him with Harrison.
In this picture Austin said, "please take a picture of my littlest brother and me".  So I did.


They always ask to hold Harrison.
Jackson's turn-


Austin's turn-
(Notice Harrison is never without enough kisses from anyone)


At his 6 month well-check, Harrison's pediatrician said, "well, I would normally ask if he gets enough interaction, but I know his brothers".  And she's right!  I think, well, I know, that Harrison wishes for a little more space sometimes, especially from Austin, but most of the time he LOVES the attention!

Harrison has started sleeping in his own room, in his own crib during all naps and at night.  He even puts himself to sleep.  He was the most difficult to sleep train, but that's only because I didn't have to sleep train his brothers.
Here he is on our monitor sleeping in his crib.
Hello, freedom!


He's super helpful now too!  Just look at how helpful he is when it comes to matching and folding socks-


Ok, so he needs a little work with folding, but he's getting the hang of it!
He LOVES the jumpy jump!
Here he is jumpin away while I shower his brothers.


He's rolling over, sparingly, he doesn't like to use his own energy if he doesn't have to.
He's sitting unassisted for longer periods of time.
He's lifting his butt in the air and pushing up with is arms, but not at the same time.  I'm not ready for him to crawl yet, so I'm ok that he's not that coordinated yet.
He's eating all kinds of stuff now.  Mostly pureed stuff, but he LOVES bread.
We gave him garlic cheese bread the other night and he would flip out of anyone came near his bread!  And you better watch out because those 2 little teeth are sharp!


And he's beginning to talk!  He doesn't realize it most of the time, but he's getting there.
Much to Jim's dismay, his first word was "mama" just like his brothers before him.  Although, also just like his brothers, he only says it when he's crying...
But still, I WIN once again!
He also says brother.  Well, he says, "bra-bra", but this seems to be the first word he says intentionally because as soon as his brothers leave him alone he says, "bra-bra" while he looks around for them.  I know rationally that it's probably just coincidental, but it's pretty impressive nonetheless!
Here he is saying crying, "mama".
I took this video because Jim kept denying that he was saying "mama".  So here's the proof!


I can't believe he's 6 months already.  Before know it he'll be a year.
Slow down, my tiny baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...