Skip to main content

"Give Said the Little String"

Tonight we learned about how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. A couple funny FHE moments occurred, as always. The first funny moment was when I asked Jim to come up with the opening song. He asked me if I knew the "Give Said the Little String" song. I thought, "hmm, no, but I know the 'Give Said the Little Stream' song". He just looked at me funny, so I sang the song I knew and he said, "all these years I thought it was the 'Give Said the Little String' song. Stream makes much more sense!".

The other funny moment was when I asked Jackson if Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love Baby Austin and he said, "NO! Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love Daddy!". Austin always gets the short straw in Jackson's world.

Then we made these fun Thanksgiving headbands. Jackson usually LOVES hats and any other accessory he can put on his body, but tonight he was not liking the turkey headband (so I made it into a turkey wristband). Out of 196 shots, this was the only decent picture we got of them in their adorable turkey headbands.

Comments

  1. Haha. When I read the title I thought it was going to be Jacksons way of singing the song. I can't believe Jim never caught on until now especially since string doesn't make any sense. Haha thanks Jim I needed a laugh tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was my first thought too- string makes no sense. Oh well, he may not remember primary songs very well, but at least he's funny! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Can I finally join the club??

I have issues with making anything with yeast.  It scares me.  I tried making rolls or bread in home-ec as a kid and it was a FLOP!  Since, I stay far away from baking goods with yeast, so of course, that includes homemade bread.  I LOVE homemade bread, but I've never made it.  I realize I'm not a real Mormon wife and mother because of this huge flaw, but I've managed to make it as a so-so wife and mom with this awful glitch in my character.  Then I came across an "easy" recipe for honey wheat bread (thanks for posting it on fb Liz Nuffer) and decided to conquer my fear of yeast. First things first, I had to buy yeast- there are 394 different kinds of yeast.  No one warned me how many different kinds there were!  My fear began to overcome me, but I gathered all my strength and picked the most interestingly plain kind I could find.  Hopefully it would do the trick! I followed the recipe, but it said to wait until the yeast "frothed". ...