Skip to main content

Stud, I mean, Student to the Month, and Halloween preschool

Jackson was the first Student of the Month in his class this year!  What a total 180 from last year.  He's so much more mature and responsible.  What a difference a little time, a fantastic school, and an intuitive teacher makes!

He was so proud to show me his picture and his lanyard with 3 ribbons on it:  Student of the Month, Perfect Attendance, and A/B Honor Roll.  Here he is proudly standing underneath his award with his lanyard on-


Here's a close-up of his picture.


Such an improvement from last year!
Way to go, Jackson!


Austin desperately wants to go to preschool so he can do "homework" like Jackson.  I'm pretty sure he's going to be one of those kids that goes to school with lots of excitement for a few days, then he'll scream and cry because I'm "making" him go to school every day following.  That's what I'm anticipating, anyway.

I came across this fun Halloween themed preschool pack on Pinterest that is 100% geared toward Austin and his abilities.  (It's pinned on my Hocus Pocus Halloween board on Pinterest for those interested).

He loved it and I had a lot of fun with it too.


He finally got to do "homework" just like Jackson!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

The end of school; the end of an era

Soooo, it's been awhile since I've posted, and by "awhile" I mean a year ago.  Oops.  I'm so busy during the school year with my own classes that I forget to post in the blog.  I'll try to do better, especially for our family that lives far away. The end of this school year was crazy!  I felt like I was running in circles working in the PTA- there was so much to do!  I thought joining the PTA would be some good volunteer time at the boys' school- I had NO idea just how much time it takes!  Next year, I'll be a little more prepared because I know what's coming.  And that's not even the crazy part- Jackson has finished elementary and Harrison graduated from pre-k.  That's crazy!  Where did the time go?! Harrison's graduation was first, so I'll start there.  It was soooo sweet and so cute, and I cried like a baby because he IS my baby.  This tiny person is such a perfect little caboose for our family.  Recently, I've been thin...