Skip to main content

Friday night drive-in

During Vomit Fest 2014 we were hauled up in our home, obviously.  Well, to make the weekend more fun, and since we couldn't go to the real drive-in, Jim had the genius idea to bring the drive-in to our house.  He came home with a couple boxes and prepared them for transformation.  Then we all decorated their cars.  THE BOYS LOVED THIS!!  They loved decorating and creating their own cars, they love sitting in their cars, the love watching movies in their cars, and they love pushing one another in their cars.  It's been almost a month since we made their cars and they're still in great condition AND the boys still love them!  Seriously, this was a genius idea.  GOOD JOB, DADDY!!

After Jim made the boxes into cars the decorating commenced!  Look at this cutie-pie!  He was so sick, but having a fun night at the Nuffer Family Drive-In totally cheered him up!


Jackson was very serious about pimping his ride.


Then they decided to make their cars very unique- Jackson turned his into the Bat-Mobile and Austin turned his into a Luxury Lorax Mobile.


That first night we watched Ghost Busters at the Nuffer Drive-In.  We've since seen Wreck It Ralph, Tangled, and most recently, Frozen.  Here they are the the house premier of Frozen-


It's Friday once again...  I wonder what's playing at the Nuffer Drive-In tonight??

Comments

  1. Wow what is your secret to making boxes last a month, especially if they are leaning on them and pushing each other around? I remember doing this for a primary activity as a kid. I am sure they will remember it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how they are still in such good condition?? Austin sits on the "hood" of his box and Jackson kicks and pushes the front end from the inside. They're super miracle boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...