Skip to main content

Finally! Footie jammies for daddy!

Ever since I met Jim he has DESPERATELY wanted a pair of footie pajamas.  This ginormous man who is almost 6'4" has always dreamed of his own pair of footie jammies.  And then we had children.  Children who also love footie jammes and wear them all the time.  Needless to say, sick jealousy ensued.  I began to hear even more often how much Jim would really really love a pair of footie pajamas.

Well Christmas 2013 came around and I was determined to find or make the man some footie jammies.  Somehow, my mom found footie pajamas in Jim's size!!  Bless that woman!  Jim and I don't give Christmas gifts to one another (and it is a huge stress relief during a usually stressful season), but I was so excited to get him the surprise footie pajamas he has always dreamed of!  And then morning sickness set in; and well, we all know by now that I didn't get much accomplished last Christmas, so I never got around to ordering the beloved jammies.  I did, however, tell and show Jim what I found and secretly decided that I would get them for him for Valentines day.  Guess what came in the mail...


That's a happy man!  Unfortunately, now he's vowed to wear them during our hospital stay when baby #3 is born.  I apologize, in advance, Covenant Women and Children's...

Comments

  1. haha Jim this doesn't surprise me but is still oh so funny! Raylene that is awesome that you would get him them. I would be so hesitant to buy something like as I do believe all men would do something crazy like wear them at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...