Skip to main content

I made the "big chop"!

For years I've wanted to donate my hair.  It's so flippin thick that I know it'll go farther than the average donation.  I have been growing it out for about 18 months, but I just could not take all this hair in 100+ degree weather for another summer.  Soooo, today was the day for the "BIG CHOP"

BEFORE



The BIG CHOP!
(Sorry, the next couple pictures are stretched- I don't know what's wrong with Blogger)


My hairdresser, Mary Jane, and my first ponytail donation-


AFTER:



I'll be honest, I don't love my hair after the cut, I don't even like it.  It's TOO short and I look like a mushroom head. BUT I am finally able to donate not one 10" ponytail, but 4 ponytails of hair.  WOOT WOOT!  So, yeah, I look like a mushroom head and I hate it, but it's just hair and it'll grow back; and I, hopefully, helped give a little something to someone who's fighting a great fight.

PS  I really wanted my hair to go to a cancer fighter and I learned from a little research that Locks for Love mostly makes wigs for kids with Alopecia, which is a VERY worthy cause, but not what I was looking for.  The American Cancer Society only accepts donations through wigsforkids.org and Pantene's Beautiful Lengths.  I chose to donate to Beautiful Lengths since they only need a minimum of 8" and Wigs For Kids requires 12".  Visit the links if you'd like to make a donation as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

The end of school; the end of an era

Soooo, it's been awhile since I've posted, and by "awhile" I mean a year ago.  Oops.  I'm so busy during the school year with my own classes that I forget to post in the blog.  I'll try to do better, especially for our family that lives far away. The end of this school year was crazy!  I felt like I was running in circles working in the PTA- there was so much to do!  I thought joining the PTA would be some good volunteer time at the boys' school- I had NO idea just how much time it takes!  Next year, I'll be a little more prepared because I know what's coming.  And that's not even the crazy part- Jackson has finished elementary and Harrison graduated from pre-k.  That's crazy!  Where did the time go?! Harrison's graduation was first, so I'll start there.  It was soooo sweet and so cute, and I cried like a baby because he IS my baby.  This tiny person is such a perfect little caboose for our family.  Recently, I've been thin...