Skip to main content
Austin turned 2!  He loves dinosaurs so I thought a dinosaur party would be fun.  We had it at the local science museum where they had dinosaur themed activities.  Each child got to pick which dinosaur they wanted to be and learn about for the day.  I made them each a card telling them all about their dinosaur, a mini replica of their dinosaur, and a cool matching necklace.  And everyone got an official safari hat to complete their gear- though, only Jackson was interested in wearing the hat.




Austin trying on his gear.  He wouldn't keep the hat on, but you can kind of see his dinosaur birthday shirt.  Pretty appropriate for the day.


Food table:  Chick Fil A nuggets, fruit/veggie/cheese tray, and dinosaur toanails (or Bugles) 





The cupcake tower.  I added the dinosaurs and chocolate rocks.  Unfortunately, Austin tipped over the tray of cupcakes (in their container, thank goodness) so they were a little messy.



Great grandpa got there early so he and Austin waited patiently while we set up.  I'm so glad he got there early because Austin was antsy and he took grandpa on some walks to see the fishies.


After food and cupcakes and presents it was time to dig for fossils!





The science museum also provided a live bearded dragon lizard for the children to learn about and pet.  It was really cool, but I didn't get pictures.

I finally remembered to give everyone their party favors- of all the parties I've thrown for my boys I always forget to give out the thank you treats.  Every. Single. Time.  But this year I remembered!  Success!  Each child got a cool dinosaur with dinosaur goodies and dinosaur eggs.  Yum!


After the party everyone got to have fun in the museum.  Jackson and Maggie trotted off to play while holding hands.  I think Jackson always chooses girls for friends just so he can hold their hand.  ;)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG POPPA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

The end of school; the end of an era

Soooo, it's been awhile since I've posted, and by "awhile" I mean a year ago.  Oops.  I'm so busy during the school year with my own classes that I forget to post in the blog.  I'll try to do better, especially for our family that lives far away. The end of this school year was crazy!  I felt like I was running in circles working in the PTA- there was so much to do!  I thought joining the PTA would be some good volunteer time at the boys' school- I had NO idea just how much time it takes!  Next year, I'll be a little more prepared because I know what's coming.  And that's not even the crazy part- Jackson has finished elementary and Harrison graduated from pre-k.  That's crazy!  Where did the time go?! Harrison's graduation was first, so I'll start there.  It was soooo sweet and so cute, and I cried like a baby because he IS my baby.  This tiny person is such a perfect little caboose for our family.  Recently, I've been thin...