Skip to main content

George Albert Smith Challenge: August and September

I have been such a blog slacker and George Albert Smith slacker.

August's challenge was:

"I would not knowingly wound the feelings of any, not even one who may have wronged me, but would seek to do him good and make him my friend"

Ok, well...  I really like people, all kinds of people, but when I read this challenge I thought of someone that I'm not very fond of and who I don't get along with very well.  I am ashamed to admit it, but I did not really make an effort to change our relationship in August.  I did think of a Christmas gift for this person though, so it's a tiny step in the right direction.

September's challenge:

"I would overcome the tendency for selfishness and jealousy and rejoice in the successes of all the children of my Heavenly Father"

Ok, this challenge I did a little better.  I have said before that Jim and I have some fertility issues and trying to conceive Austin was very difficult for us emotionally and mentally.  I feel pretty confident saying that I think we're done in the baby department and my heart is satisfied with this.  I wouldn't mind another child, but I don't yearn for another child like I did before we had Austin.  With that said, I do occasionally get a little jealous of my friends that get pregnant very easily, but really, this is only occasionally.  It's not something I'm proud of and I'm grateful that it's just a small piece of me that is jealous while the majority of me is very happy and ecstatic for them.  Well this month I had a very close friend find out she is pregnant with TWINS and I was overjoyed for her!  Completely overjoyed!  There is not one ounce of jealousy, but only excitement for her and her family.  I won't reveal who this friend is as she hasn't announced her pregnancy yet, but I can say with all honesty that I have so very VERY happy for her.  Her joy is my joy and I can't wait to see her beautiful babies!  My eyes are welling with tears as I write about her because I'm so happy for her.  She's such a great, loving mommy and I'm so excited for her new little beans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Can I finally join the club??

I have issues with making anything with yeast.  It scares me.  I tried making rolls or bread in home-ec as a kid and it was a FLOP!  Since, I stay far away from baking goods with yeast, so of course, that includes homemade bread.  I LOVE homemade bread, but I've never made it.  I realize I'm not a real Mormon wife and mother because of this huge flaw, but I've managed to make it as a so-so wife and mom with this awful glitch in my character.  Then I came across an "easy" recipe for honey wheat bread (thanks for posting it on fb Liz Nuffer) and decided to conquer my fear of yeast. First things first, I had to buy yeast- there are 394 different kinds of yeast.  No one warned me how many different kinds there were!  My fear began to overcome me, but I gathered all my strength and picked the most interestingly plain kind I could find.  Hopefully it would do the trick! I followed the recipe, but it said to wait until the yeast "frothed". ...