I am appointing myself the new queen of advent calendars! I LOVE THEM!!! They are so easy to make and they keep Jackson from asking me all day, every day when the next big day is will be here. We have told him all summer that he gets to start school after his birthday, so now that his birthday is over he doesn't understand why it's not time for school. I made a new advent calendar to countdown the days till school. It think this one turned out cuter than the birthday calendar. We're already down 2 days, so only 15 more days to go!! WOOHOO!!
After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too. After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too. You can find my recipe here . I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again. All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent. I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1: Gather all the ingredients. I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart. I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...

Comments
Post a Comment