Skip to main content

Valentines 2012

I LOVE Love Day! I just adore Valentines Day and I always have! I like the flowers and candy and cards, but I love Valentines Day because it's a day to remind those we love just how grateful we are for them. I view Valentines more as a day to be kind and thoughtful of someone else, not so much as another day to buy cards and gifts. My cousin (in-law) shared this phenomenal blog about a woman who is battling breast cancer while she tries to raise her family. The blogger made Valentines Day Mindy Day and she asked that everyone do a random act of kindness on Valentines in honor of Mindy. The responses brought me to tears! What amazing ways to celebrate a woman's life by making someone else's life a little easier. That is why I love Valentines Day! My random act of kindness in honor of Mindy was to hand out little candies to all the night students and faculty in my building on Valentines night. So I interrupted every class to hand out candy and wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day! It was so much fun! Here is the blog about Mindy Day, please read just a little- you won't be disappointed! ...and it's never too late to do a random act of kindness, even if it's not Valentines Day.

Valentines Day was a hit in our home! Jackson LOVES Love Day too and not just because he got a couple small gifts. We made Valentines the night before to give to Grandma and Great Grandpa Marlow because I knew they would be visiting on Valentines Day. Jackson saw their car pull up so he ran to me in the living room. I asked him what he was doing and he said he wanted to surprise Grandma and Grandpa, so when they walked in he jumped up and down yelling, "SURPRISE! SURPRISE!". It was absolutely adorable! Then he started pointing out the Valentines he made them, trying to tell them he had another Valentines surprise for them, but he was so excited all that came out was, "Froggy you... monkey! Happy Valentines! Made you!". So so so cute. It wasn't about the gifts that he received on Valentines day, he was so excited because he had gifts to give. That makes this mommy's heart VERY happy. Once again, Love Day wins!!

My day started with quite a few Valentines gifts from Jim. He went WAY out of his way this year. I loved it all, but I especially like that he thought of lots of ways to make my day wonderful!

I told Jim I wanted jewelry for Valentines Day this year (jokingly), so he made sure I received some very, um, ...lovely Twilight candy and jewelry. I really hate all the Twilight merchandise like posters and key chains and phone covers, so this was a funny gift for lots of reasons.



The boys each got a couple books for Valentine's Day from Mommy and Daddy. I also made sure that they had a fun breakfast.


We had our traditional heart shaped Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner with chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.



And here are the little Valentine's I handed out to everyone at school on Valentines night. Small and simple. I LOVE Love Day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Can I finally join the club??

I have issues with making anything with yeast.  It scares me.  I tried making rolls or bread in home-ec as a kid and it was a FLOP!  Since, I stay far away from baking goods with yeast, so of course, that includes homemade bread.  I LOVE homemade bread, but I've never made it.  I realize I'm not a real Mormon wife and mother because of this huge flaw, but I've managed to make it as a so-so wife and mom with this awful glitch in my character.  Then I came across an "easy" recipe for honey wheat bread (thanks for posting it on fb Liz Nuffer) and decided to conquer my fear of yeast. First things first, I had to buy yeast- there are 394 different kinds of yeast.  No one warned me how many different kinds there were!  My fear began to overcome me, but I gathered all my strength and picked the most interestingly plain kind I could find.  Hopefully it would do the trick! I followed the recipe, but it said to wait until the yeast "frothed". ...