Skip to main content

We have some pretty big news...

No, I'm not pregnant. I WISH! We want one more little person to join us, but it's not our time yet. Trust me, I would love to be out of the diapers stage as quickly as possible!

Some know this and some don't, but I have never known my biological father. I've never seen a picture, never heard his voice, and I wasn't sure I knew his name. But all of that's changed. Last week I met (well spoke with on the phone and emailed) my real father AND half brother. My dad lives in southern California, where I'm from (some of you might not have even known I'm from California), and my older brother lives in Alaska with his family.

I won't go into great detail, but my mother and father decided before I was born that it was best that my mother raise me alone. Anyway, 32 years later I found them. I've been looking since I was a teenager off and on, but my cousin actually found them this time.

So far so good. He's kind and warm and welcomes me (and my family- which is a big deal to me) into his life. My older brother has done the same. My father has an amazing fiance who I really enjoy talking to and I'm so glad he has her in his life. It's still very early and very new. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of the events that happened last week, but it's a great place to be. I have no words to describe how good it feels to see a picture of the other half of my DNA and see resemblances and similar traits. AND to have that same person welcome me and want me in his life. Extraordinary.

Anyway, this last week has been a real pleasure and I look forward to bonding and getting to know everyone more fully.

Comments

  1. Wow that is awesome! I hope you find many more joys as you continue to bond!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...