Skip to main content

Jackson turns 3!! Blue's Clues Extravaganza!

My oldest baby boy turned 3 this week. I know parents say this all the time, but I can't believe how fast the time goes. Next year he'll be getting ready for pre-school, then kindergarten, and I'm still wrapping my head around him being in a big boy bed. Time flies when you don't want it too.

I planned on a Sesame Street party this year because he loved Sesame Street, but that was before he was introduced to Blue's Clues. Now it's Blue's Clues this and Blue's Clues that. So I switched the theme 2 weeks before his birthday, but Jim and I pulled it off. We made all the decorations ourselves and most of the party favors as well. So this birthday was exactly what Jackson wanted and it was a very frugal party too. Win, win!

Austin ate some breakfast before the festivities began. Unfortunately, he fell asleep just as the party started.


Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson!


We made all the Blue's Clues decorations by hand with craft paper, markers, and glue. I found some fun Blue's Clues stick puppets online and as well as the idea for felt finger puppets.




Shovel and Pail came by to help us out as well! And I made some Blue's Clues paw print chocolate candy pops for a little 'thank you for coming' treat.



This year was just a small party, so we only had family over, but Jackson was allowed to pick one friend to attend and he picked Maggie. So once Maggie arrived we made Blue's Clues hats (and, shockingly, both kids kept them on most of the party). They also decorated their own Handy Dandy notebooks and drew some clues.






Then we ate cake (at Maggie's request) and opened presents.



It was a really fun day, and I think the Birthday Boy had a great time!

Comments

  1. Cute cute party! I loved the hats, and the cake, darling! Jackson's birthday shirt was awesome as well :), thanks for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute! Both Maggie and Jackson have gotten so big! (your little guy's a cutie, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Melinda! We found the shirt on clearance at Carters a few months ago and just had to get it. ;)

    Thanks Amy! I know, they grow so fast. I saw a picture of your little guys on Jodie's fb and they are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade laundry soap

After about a dozen of my friends started making their own laundry soap I decided maybe it's time I give it a try too.  After talking to a friend that I KNOW is a neat freak like me and she has 4 kids with double the dirty, sticky, crayon-laced clothes that I have, and she raved about homemade detergent I was sure I wanted to make my own laundry soap too.  You can find my recipe here .  I was able to get spaghetti stains off of a white shirt and make Jim's dingy work shorts really clean and bright again.  All of this with just one little tablespoon of homemade detergent.  I did pre-treat the dried spaghetti sauce with a bar of the Fels-Naptha soap (found in the detergent) because someone told me it's a great stain remover and pre-treat agent, and it is! So here's how I made mine... Step 1:  Gather all the ingredients.  I found ALL of the ingredients in the detergent isle at Walmart.  I did buy the generic Oxy-clean, and it's more than enoug...

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

The end of school; the end of an era

Soooo, it's been awhile since I've posted, and by "awhile" I mean a year ago.  Oops.  I'm so busy during the school year with my own classes that I forget to post in the blog.  I'll try to do better, especially for our family that lives far away. The end of this school year was crazy!  I felt like I was running in circles working in the PTA- there was so much to do!  I thought joining the PTA would be some good volunteer time at the boys' school- I had NO idea just how much time it takes!  Next year, I'll be a little more prepared because I know what's coming.  And that's not even the crazy part- Jackson has finished elementary and Harrison graduated from pre-k.  That's crazy!  Where did the time go?! Harrison's graduation was first, so I'll start there.  It was soooo sweet and so cute, and I cried like a baby because he IS my baby.  This tiny person is such a perfect little caboose for our family.  Recently, I've been thin...