Skip to main content

Halloween 2010

This year was a big year for my little lion. He actually understood... kinda, what was going on. He learned how to 'roar' and how to say, "Trick or Treat!". He attended several parties, carved a pumpkin with mommy and daddy, and handed out candy on Halloween night. This was a good year for Jackson.

First we started out by carving the 2010 jack-o-lantern. He was afraid of the pumpkin once it was carved, I find this very funny. He's a cowardly lion.



Then started our tour of Halloween parties in Lubbock. First, we played games and ate treats at the Library Halloween party, then we made our way to the Silly Carnival at the Science Spectrum, and finally we ended with Trunk or Treat. Jackson really like the Halloween games at the Library.



Next year will even be more fun when we have 2 little boys to dress for Halloween. On to Halloween 2011!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BABY NUFFER #2 is on his/her way!!!!

That's right, we were waiting to tell everyone, but today we had our second appointment and the second sono and Baby Nuffer #2 is doing well. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage in June after struggling with infertility, it was a very devastating time for us. We were "advised" to wait a couple cycles before trying again (and we were going to take the advice), but a little voice, I know now it was the Spirit, told me we should try again as soon as possible. I talked to Jim and he agreed and sure enough baby #2 is on it's way again! This little one is very healthy and has a strong heartbeat!! We aren't out of the woods yet, I'm just under 9 weeks and at 12 weeks our chances of miscarriage drop significantly. I don't feel we'll be out of the woods until I have our little baby in my arms, which will only give me a whole new set of stresses to worry about. ;) This is Baby Nuffer #2 at 6 weeks and 5 days. If you look close it's off to the ...

Maybe a new birthday tradition...

I just have one brother and his birthday is 5 days before mine, so it's been pretty easy to keep up with him. Jim, however, has 3 brothers and a sister, and now 3 of his siblings are married, so the birthday's just keep adding up. My forgetful brain can NOT keep up. Anyway, I've been looking for a cute and thoughtful way to send birthday greetings to all the aunts and uncles since we've been married. Almost 4 years later I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to make a birthday sign every year and have the boys take a picture with the sign for whatever family member has a birthday. Then send the person the picture with birthday greetings. Then every year they will have a different picture with the boys as they grow and I won't feel guilty missing anyone's birthday without proper acknowledgement. I also thought that it would make a great photo album for us if we keep each person's birthday picture with the boys and watch their growth progression ...

Can I finally join the club??

I have issues with making anything with yeast.  It scares me.  I tried making rolls or bread in home-ec as a kid and it was a FLOP!  Since, I stay far away from baking goods with yeast, so of course, that includes homemade bread.  I LOVE homemade bread, but I've never made it.  I realize I'm not a real Mormon wife and mother because of this huge flaw, but I've managed to make it as a so-so wife and mom with this awful glitch in my character.  Then I came across an "easy" recipe for honey wheat bread (thanks for posting it on fb Liz Nuffer) and decided to conquer my fear of yeast. First things first, I had to buy yeast- there are 394 different kinds of yeast.  No one warned me how many different kinds there were!  My fear began to overcome me, but I gathered all my strength and picked the most interestingly plain kind I could find.  Hopefully it would do the trick! I followed the recipe, but it said to wait until the yeast "frothed". ...